This event has passed
The Future of California Business in a COVID-19 Environment: Making Sense of the Economic, Legal, and Employment Impacts on Your Company
HRCI and SHRM credits available.
Webinar topics will include:
- How the California labor market data are shaping up
- Signs that indicate the economy is on a stable path forward
- Housing market data to watch
- What happens economically if another full shelter-in-place order is enacted
- How employers can effectively manage the legal risks associated with telework
- The steps employers must follow to safely return employees to work
- How to ensure compliance with COVID-19 laws, including the CARES Act
- How the rise in remote work impacts the future of recruiting
- Opportunities of tapping into a broader national and global candidate base
- What’s ahead on the candidate landscape: greater opportunities, increased diversity
Join us for our speakers’ insightful presentations followed by a live question and answer session.
Dr. Robert Eyler
Dr. Robert Eyler is President of Economic Forensics and Analytics and Dean of the School of Extended and International Education and Professor of Economics at Sonoma State University. In addition to teaching at Sonoma State University for over 25 years, he is a frequent public speaker, is often called upon by the media for his expert analysis of the economic climate, has acted as an expert witness in interstate trade litigation, and has served as a forensic economist.
Jennifer Shaw, Esq.
Founder of Shaw Law Group, Jennifer Shaw is a nationally known legal expert with an over 25-year career focused on employment law issues. As a trusted adviser to in-house counsel, HR professionals, and leadership across a broad spectrum of public and private sector employers, she frequently advises on challenging and high-profile matters. Shaw has a national reputation for developing and conducting innovative, effective training for executives and their teams.
Alex Chamorro is Vice President of Executive Search at Nelson. His 20-plus years of recruiting and executive search expertise include working with the world’s largest and most prestigious international recruiting companies and founding and developing the most reputable regional boutique firms on the West Coast. Chamorro currently oversees Nelson’s executive search practice in both Northern and Southern California, while also guiding local leadership in developing their teams to continuously attract California’s top talent to the Nelson brand.
Chandra Pappas, Moderator
A recognized staffing industry leader, Chandra Pappas is Executive Vice President at Nelson. With an over 20-year career in talent management, Pappas has developed and executed high-level insights, strategies, and plans that have helped staffing organizations–ranging from a boutique agency to an international staffing firm–gain market share, improve profitability, and elevate margin growth. At Nelson, she focuses her unique perspective on leading internal teams, growing the Nelson brand, and designing Nelson’s innovative client and candidate solutions.