Webinar Recap: Navigating COVID-19 as a California Business: Workplace, Economic and Healthcare Challenges
On April 22, Nelson hosted a complimentary webinar focused on the impact of COVID-19 on California’s economy, healthcare, and workplace ecosystems.
Our impressive panel included an economist, a medical professional, and a human resources expert whose insight will help you steer your business through the challenges and opportunities ahead.
We discussed the big picture and also explored answers to some of our clients’ most pressing “how-to” questions across topic related to remote teams, employee health, business planning and the stimulus package, risk, and more.
- Louise J. Short, MD, MSC is National Clinical Leader with Strategic Benefit Advisors and Brown & Brown and former epidemiologist at the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. She earned her undergraduate degree at Harvard and her MD from Tufts University School of Medicine.
- Dr. Robert Eyler is President of Economic Forensics and Analytics and Dean of the School of Extended and International Education and Professor of Economics at Sonoma State University.
- Melanie Wise is Nelson’s Vice President of Human Resources. Her 20+ years of experience extend across all facets of Human Resources, including risk mitigation.
On Wednesday, February 5, Nelson hosted an exclusive webinar with renowned speaker Dr. Robert Eyler will look comprehensively at the economy through the lens of job growth and discuss business risk related to U.S. and California job expansion.
Dr. Eyler’s engaging presentation covered:
- How recent job growth impacts labor market risk scenarios
- How 2020’s election results might affect our economy
- Job Growth Trend predictions through 2022
- And more!
Dr. Eyler also took live questions at the end of the webinar from those in attendance.
About the Speaker
Dr. Robert Eyler is President of Economic Forensics and Analytics, specializing in public policy analysis for firms and governments. He is also Dean of the School of Extended and International Education and Professor of Economics at Sonoma State University. Dr. Eyler earned a Ph.D. from the University of California, Davis and a B.A. in Economics at CSU, Chico. He is often called on by the media for his expertise, and also he provides economic impact analyses for both private firms and public entities to help guide public policy. Additionally, Dr. Eyler acts as an expert witness and forensic economist, primarily for wine industry clients. Dr. Eyler has been a visiting scholar at both the University of Bologna and Stanford University. He is a Sonoma County native, and his family have been sheep and cattle ranchers in Marin and Sonoma counties since 1910.
For years, thought leaders and influencers have been talking about the need for strategic HR. But how can your human resources team communicate their value as a strategic member of the organization and earn a seat at the table?
The key is to build synergy with finance — which means that HR needs to learn how to speak the same language. We’ve partnered with Jeevan Gill, who recently worked with Nelson to successfully land his current role, to bring you an exclusive NELSONtalks Webinar. Jeevan has already helmed his own company, and is currently working as a demand manager in the manufacturing industry.
You’ll discover how to:
- Align HR with Finance
- Fix HR operations so they don’t distract from HR’s higher mission
- Why and when to “cross-role” employees
- And more!
Though “the gig economy” has been in the public consciousness for several years, it has operated mostly in parallel with the HR function: “gigs” found though tech platforms and apps have borne similarities to contract and temp positions but have mostly existed as an alternative to traditional jobs. But with thousands of new entrants into this space and data pointing toward the continued growth of this segment, it’s time to start considering how on-demand talent could impact and elevate YOUR company’s hiring.
To help you better understand and leverage the gig economy, Nelson was joined by Sean Ring, co-founder of Fulcrum on June 13th.
In this very special NELSONtalks webinar, Sean discussed:
- The origins of freelance and gig work and what’s changed to make this an important new resource for HR
- How the gig economy and staffing complement one another – and how to use that synergy to your advantage
- The differences between B2B and B2C platforms and how to find the talent you’re looking for
- Key considerations for large companies when seeking to pilot or launch on-demand talent programs
- And more!
Sean also took a hand-full of live questions at the end of this webinar from those in attendance.
About the Speaker
Sean Ring, Co-Founder, Fulcrum
In January of 2018, Sean co-founded Fulcrum, a software platform that aggregates and integrates on-demand talent marketplaces into Fortune 1000 companies’ existing technology and processes. Fulcrum is a first mover in this space, delivering an end-to-end on-demand talent program.
Sean’s main focus is supporting Fortune 1000 business leaders who are actively preparing their organizations for a future of work that looks much different from today. He works closely with clients to build the architecture and solution delivery of a comprehensive enterprise on-demand talent strategy and also leads change management and adoption.
Prior to Fulcrum, Sean spent 5 years in a business development capacity, finding new clients and leading the way to solve their contingent workforce challenges for Innovative Employee Solutions, an independent contractor compliance and payrolling company. Sean has earned his CCWP accreditation from Staffing Industry Analysts and was also recognized as a top millennial in the staffing industry by Staffing Industry Review Magazine.
Your best bet to ace an interview is to be prepared. But where do you start? In this brief guide, you’ll learn:
- What to research
- How to plan your arrival
- What to wear
- What to focus on during the interview
- How to follow up after the interview
Because the Nelson & Associates recruiters have worked in the financial fields firsthand, we understand the nuances of your workforce needs. We partner with your company to address immediate staffing needs while also consulting on long-lasting talent planning strategies with direct-hire, contract, and executive placement services. Our long-term, in-market tenure and specialization allows us to source, evaluate, and recruit talented professionals who are otherwise inaccessible.
Download our Nelson & Associates Overview Flyer to find out:
- What’s driving competition for professional talent in California
- Types of services Nelson & Associates offers
- Common positions our team places
- And more!
Download the Nelson & Associates Overview Flyer here. And when you’re ready to work with us, get in touch.